Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Worlds Apart

I stood there looking across the dinning room at Him
It has been at least a year since he asked me to marry him and I turned him down.
We were both so young and naive back then.
And here he is with his new FiancĂ©.
I wondered why he was here and why she was here.
I sat down at the table feeling so alone and out of place as I faced my empty plate.
When they finally decided to sit down at the table as well.
The fiancĂ© stared at me with a disaproving look and said "Hello, my name is Karleen. What is your's??"
I lifted my head a bit and said in a rather soft voice Shlila.
After dinner was over I walked outside to get some air for my heart was in a tear.
Dominic came out and walked over to where I stood faceing the lake.
He said it is a beautiful evening isn't it. I dumbly nodded my head and faced away from him.
''So what do you think of Karleen he said walking out in front of me?"
"She seems nice enough I managed to choke out with out screaming."
Dominic faced me and said I hope you two become good friends.
I walked off down the hall and started to cry, I still loved him but he did not love me anymore.
I slammed the door to my room and throue myslef onto my bed screaming into the pillow all my fustrations.
"The nurve of him comeing here with her! How can he be so cruel to me! Why does she rub it in my face that I can't have him back? Can't he see I still love him?"
I drifted to my window and saw them sitting in the place where  we used to sit together and laugh while staring at the sunset. I saw the way he looked at her just like he used to look at me. I died on the inside thinking of what I lost when I refused to marry him.
I watched him walk away with her.
I turned on my radio and the song Worlds apart(seperate ways) by journey was playing.
~Here we stand worlds apart hearts brocken in two two two
Sleepless nights loseing ground I'm reaching for you you you
Feeling that its gone can change your mind, if we can't go on surviver time everyone
~Someday love will find you
break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
though we touched and went our seperate ways.
If he ever hurts you, true love wo't desurt you
you know I still love you though we touched and went our seperate ways

As the music played I said in a silent tone to myself
If she ever hurts you true love won't desurt you because you know I still love you.
And I watched him leave for the last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment